Why is your privacy important to us? You are placing your trust in us when you acquire our product and services. That is why we are committed to protect and safeguard any personal data you give us. We act in our customers' interest and are transparent about the processing of your personal data.
In Preference Pass we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities.
If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our services. If you agree with our Privacy Statement, then you’re all set to start using our product and enjoy the benefits of the offers we have.
WHO ARE WE?
Preference Pass is a new website built for tourists, providing a means of finding and booking all the activities and services they could possibly need during their vacation. We research the best providers, who offer only the best, most desirable services and cut a deal with them to provide the tourist with a heavily discounted offer. We then pass this offer on to our pass holders at no additional charge whatsoever. We have removed all the middlemen during this process, giving the pass holder the means of buying directly from the supplier. As a pass holder of Preference Pass you get access to all our discounts to use them as many times as you like throughout the duration of your Pass. Payment will be made directly to the service provider, not us.
Our company is located in Ireland, with the registered address at Drumcashel, Castlebellingham, County Louth, A91V589.
Preference Pass is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN DO WE COLLET PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
- When you purchase a Preference Pass day pass.
- When you book an activity through our website or call center.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence (email), by phone, by social media, chat, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party affiliates or partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent for them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Preference Pass.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and affiliates.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on our Preference Pass website.
- Book your service or activity with the provider of your selection.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide access to our Customer Dashboard (customer account details) in the Preference Pass website.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoicing, reminders, and similar.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
HOW DO WE PROCESS COMMUNICATIONS THAT YOU AND YOUR BOOKED ACTIVITY/SERVICE PROVIDER MIGHT SEND TO PREFERENCE PASS?
Preference Pass can help you and Activity/Service Providers exchange information and requests about their services and existing reservations, directing the communications only through Preference Pass. This allows you and your Activity/Service Provider to contact Preference Pass with questions about your reservation.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA:
- Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
- Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Preference Pass and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to sales, marketing and customer service. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
- What type of personal data is collected?
We collect (as a minimum) name, email address and number of people that you will include in your Preference Pass. Also depending on the type of reservation, we might also ask for your phone number, in addition to the name of any guest you would be including in your Preference Pass. Any preferences (e.g. meal preferences or any mobility restrictions) so we can have the essential data needed to book any of the activities or services you may have chosen in our website. We may also collect your country, feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as phone calls and emails. From our websites we may collect actions taken on the site.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. on our Facebook business page, the information can be read by anyone with access to Facebook site and used for purposes over which Preference Pass or you have no control. Therefore, Preference Pass is not responsible for any information you submit to our Facebook business page, or other similar social media sites.
Preference Pass does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
Preference Pass does not keep any credit card information as it goes directly to third-party payment platforms (Stripe.com, Paypal.com, Oxxo Pay at Conekta.com)
- Why do we collect and use your personal data?
The main reason we ask you for personal details is to help administer your online bookings and ensure you get the best service possible. We also use your personal data to contact you and inform you about our latest deals and special offers that we think would interest you.
- Personal data you give us about others.
You might be doing the activity or service booked through us with other guests whose details you provide as part of the reservation. The only information we ask about your guests are their names and if they are children or adults.
However, now we should point out that it’s your responsibility to ensure the person or people you've provided personal information about are aware that you’ve done so, and have accepted how Preference Pass uses their information (as described in this privacy statement).
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE PERSONAL DATA YOU'VE GIVEN TO PREFERENCE PASS?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Preference Pass holds about you.
- The right to request that Preference Pass corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- If you are a customer or partner and you have registered a profile on our website, you may update your user profile by logging into your account/profile and click “Edit Profile”.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Preference Pass to retain such data. You also may delete it by clicking on “Forget me” option in your Profile Customer Dashboard.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please unselect the checkbox located at your Dashboard in the Profile tab, or send your petition to firstname.lastname@example.org to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Preference Pass, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Preference Pass provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH ANYONE?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
- Third-party Partners working on our behalf:
Out partners will first gather your data with your consent and send it to us to register your account. Specifically in this situation we are only provided by your name and email, so you may continue to complete the information by yourself.
- Third-party Activities/Services Providers:
We may pass your information on to our activities or services providers with the purpose of them providing services only when you book it through our website or call center. We only provide to the third-party activities/services providers the specific data that they may need based on the type of activity or service you booked.
If a new third-party Provider is signed or a change on one of our Providers is performed related to our Online service, the customers will be notified in line with our Terms of Service. A directory of approved Product Providers may be found in our Destinations list.
- If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Preference Pass reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision.